When I was young
And I was in love
I used to dream of meeting her
At some station or park
Gifting her chocolates and cookies
And relishing the sight of her smile
My love was so much innocent and pure
When she turned me down
I was never broke or hurt
But instead moved on
As if nothing was wrong
And when I used to see her again
There was not a bit of vengeance in my heart
I never thought of hurting her
I always kept myself away from her
When I grew up
And i fell in love
We use to hang out at malls, theatres, beaches & restaurants
I brought her gifts that she desired for
And again I relished the sight of her smile
When she turned me down
I was broke and hurt
I could not move on
And everything seemed wrong
And when I saw her again
My mind was furious and ready to avenge
I went up to her and cursed her with bad life
As if that will bring respite
After a few years
When I saw her again
Aching in pain
Struggling for life
My heart ran out for her
She wispehered that my curse has come true
And her last wish for seeing me for one last time had come true
That's when I realised the monster that I have become to be
I remembered my young love
A love which had no expectations
A love which was innocent and pure
A love which never demanded love in return
'Love ought to be unconditional'
Comments
Post a Comment