How many number of times a day do we look ourselves in the mirror??
And most of every such time we are posing just one question "Do I look alright??" expecting a confirmation from the reflection part of us that "You look perfect" or "You look pretty alright" or "Not bad"
We have been doing this day in and day out so much that its almost like an unnoticeable self centered routine part of us, among others things
This evening I watched the trailer of a movie called "Wonder", which revolved around a kid called Auggie having a disfigured face due to multiple surgeries
The trailer was indeed moving
After watching the trailer I was forced to think as to "How many times do people having a disfigured face or people having marks on their faces look themselves in the mirror??
If they do even once a day or a week, do they expect a confirmation from the mirror as to how they look??
I'm not really sure, what reality is....
But I'm pretty much sure of one thing
For them we (people with normal faces) are the mirrors
And our reactions to them is the reflection in which they find the answers
Which reminds me of a quote from the movie because I just finished watching this movie a few hours back along with my buddy
Quotes from the movie
"When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind"
"Be kinder than necessary because it's not enough to be kind. One should be kinder than needed"
A fantastic quote which I missed while watching the movie
"Courage. Kindness, Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings and propel us, on occasion, to greatness"
The things that I liked about the movie:
1. It's filled with some great take away quotes
2. After being pushed around and hurt, Auggie ends up making friends and there's this song on friendship thats playing in the background while Auggie is having tears
3. Auggie in humorous mode, where he brags about his good look( I loved all the parts where humor was conveyed through his character)
To end with I would say the greatest endeavour of our existence is as simple as being human and treat everyone, as you would like to be treated by others.
👍👍
ReplyDelete