I never told you so
That you were the one
Always.... you were the only one for me
I never told you so
How beautiful you were to me
I wish you could see through my eyes
I never told you so
That I never pictured myself without you
And...that I always imagined you by my side
I never told you so
That I meant it with all my heart when I said "I wanna grow old with you"
And...that if we did grew old together, I will like you to hold my wrinkled hand while taking a lazy walk
I never told you so
That you were the happiest space of my existence
And...that without you life space would have been a totally different realm
I never told you so, because...
There is this enstranged relationship between words and feelings
No matter the words you use to convey how you feel, something always gets lost in translation
I never told you so, because...
I never wanted to convey anything less than how precisely I felt about you
And words just never seemed enough
I never told you so, because...
Words are great when used to convey something definitive and meausre-bound
But what about something that crosses the brim and overflows
Words just fail...
Now when I realise....
Though I held back
Though I shouldn't have
Though I will never get another chance
Though everything ended
Though nothing can be the same again
Though the love we shared is a past
I can only thank you
For choosing me for a while
I can only thank you
For staying with me for a while
I can only thank you
For ending on your own terms
On realising that i'm not the one any more, transcending the promises of togetherness once made
And moreover,
I can only thank you
For bringing out the extremes of love and hate in me
Comments
Post a Comment