Skip to main content

Few Years Later

This is few years after parting away
Im seeing her again
Standing across a distance accompanied by a stranger
Putting on a beautiful smile

I have wilfully dreamt of this dreadful moment for many a times
Dreadful because of the varied outcome it entails
One of the most dreadful outcome was in answering to myself, Will she recognise me??If not

Such lack of recognition would define what I meant to her
It would exactly mean what a crowd of people walking under the bridge mean to a  person standing over the bridge for a smoke
As no crowd ever had any face,
All they have is a very visible unidentified presence
More importantly it says a smoker just doesn't give a damn
It would be more than any human indignation possible, as it also reaffirms that you are not remembered
Which would prove that my favourite song "you are not alone" by MJ which use to bring some respite at one among many moments of despair,  was not for me

My heart started gathering pace with beating
Beating because it dreaded one of the most humiliating outcome
And for some strange reason I believed that it is just about time for me to be in the radar of her eyes
And the very next moment she was looking towards me

I wanted to resort to an old trick of acting like a stranger, taking my eyes off her
I didn't
But instead I kept looking at her, with my heart continually increasing its pace of beating as if it were to self explode itself

But what happened next was not among any possible outcome I could theoretize of

At this moment, though I was standing in the midst of many strangers passing by,
My eyes could only see her
My ears wide shut, completely ignoring the worldly sounds

I saw the once beautiful smile that she was wearing ever since I was looking at her was fading quickly
She continued looking towards me
At this very moment there were only three existence in this world... me, her and my pounding heart

We continued looking at each other, as if communicating with our eyes
I'm not aware as to what was running in her mind
I recollected the best moments that I had shared with her
Then something happened that still gives me goosebumps when I recollect that one precise moment of our distant distanced meet
Both of our hands hurried to wipe of the tears at exactly the same time........as if we were acting mirror to each other

Now I knew what she was thinking of
She was thinking of the same moments that I did, in the very same order I guess
The reason which a tear was shed in sync

No sooner I wiped off my tears, i was brought back to the world of strangers by a kid who accidently bumped on me, only to fall on his bum
I quickly picked him up
The next moment when my eyes looked for her, it was a sight which symbolised what happened a few years back......she was walking  away holding the hand of a stranger

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a journey to a spotless mind

"Congratulations, it's a Baby Girl", the doctor says, as he hands over the new born baby girl to her mother while the nurse straps the umbilical cord. Chapter 1: Dream Dreams are, in fact, manifestations of reality, it is the amount of mutation that reality undergoes in our mind that makes it appear far-fetched. It is an unusual dream, he thought. Asleep. Dreaming. Conscious. Like a fly on the wall, he was quietly experiencing and sneaking on his own dream. He was mind boggled by the visuals that his dream had to offer. The visuals were unlike anything that he would possibly experience in waking life.  The sky up above was deep bluish dark with a million stars twinkling, there was no sight of the moon. But the thing that he was boggled by, was the surreal fact that, even though the sky called it night, his surroundings were brightly lit as day. At a closer look he saw millions-and-millions of rainbow’ish molecular self-lit tiny bubbles floating in the surrounding and ligh...

Wonder

How many number of times a day do we look ourselves in the mirror?? And most of every such time we are posing just one question "Do I look alright??" expecting a confirmation from the reflection part of us that   "You look perfect" or "You look pretty alright" or "Not bad" We have been doing this day in and day out so much that its almost like an unnoticeable self centered routine part of us, among others things This evening I watched the trailer of a movie called "Wonder", which revolved around a kid called Auggie having a disfigured face due to multiple surgeries The trailer was indeed moving After watching the trailer I was forced to think as to "How many times do people having a disfigured face or people having marks on their faces look themselves in the mirror?? If they do even once a day or a week, do they expect a confirmation from the mirror as to how they look?? I'm not really sure, what reality is.... But I...